Saturday, October 30, 2010

thought i was worst off

I made the journey into the pool again a couple days back, and it went much better than I expected. I would like to start off by stating that I hate swimming. I do like the idea that one can gradually progess in even increments without having to result to counting quarter miles. Meters is much easier to keep track of, calculate, and improve. With that being said, you can only imagine how hesitant I was to jump back in. To top it all off the heater in my local gym was broken. Ok, so I don't train in denver, but I am accustomed to a "semi" warm pool. So I jump in, literally like a 6 year old trying to trick my body into not caring about the temperature, and quickly i'm brought back to the reality that my balls might just fall off tonight. I do a couple laps to warm up, didn't help much, then I buckle down to the task at hand. What goal to accomplish? Distance goal, (double what I trained for in september) or time goal? (much more than I have ever done on my own continously). The result was core strengthening, toe cramping, water swallowing, full week planning, shoulder burning, ball freezing perfect combination of both goals. Somewhere between eating more veggies, and training more often my inner merman has developed. I was able to swim faster and for longer than ever, and keeping how much I hate swimming in mind, there us a lil triathalete in me that cannot wait to go back.

I woke this morning with a little crick( not sure what that means but the genie in Aladdin uses it, why can't I) in my right knee. Not sure what it could be but I plan to use that as my excuse to hang out with my, newly arrived girlfriend, for the day.

If u read this and still have not gotten ur rookie in training fix, check out my training partner's struggles and succeses at trirook.blogspot.com
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment