Thursday, October 14, 2010

Running man



Today I finally decided to put my running shoes on for the first time in a long time. It had been raining all evening but i sure as hell did not want to run on the treadmill facing a bare wall. As soon as I walked outside, even before I walked a yard, I was drenched in sweat. The humidity was incredible, but that didn't stop me from running further and faster than I ever have before.

I don't think that there are any good runners in the world, just more tolerant ones. And my tolerance gets tested every time the nikes hit the pavement. I don't run with any music, just a rubber wrist watch (which I try not to look at) and this forces me to focus on things like: my breathing, the amount of my foot that touches the ground on every step... But how can anyone not let all that focus fade away with the constant reminder of how much the knees ache, or that stupid cramp that creeps up right under the ribs. Running has, and will continue to be, the hardest stage, physically, of my training... But the reward of axing my old distance and cutting my previous time takes all the aches away!

No comments:

Post a Comment